In the late 1930s, Anthony (Andy) Dellecave opened Mercury Sporting Goods in the "Providence Square" section of North Scranton. The small shop specialized in men's tailored clothing and sportswear.
After 20 years of offering quality craftsmanship and customer service, Andy saw the opportunity to expand his business and provide his customers with the same excellence in the dry-cleaning industry.
In 1955, Andy relocated Mercury to the newly built Keyser Oak Shopping Center, and renamed the company, Mercury One-Hour Cleaners - becoming one of the first full service dry-cleaning and tailoring shops in Northeastern Pennsylvania. In 1987, Mercury One-Hour Cleaners opened a second location in West Scranton. With passing the business along to his two sons, John and Jim, the legacy of quality and service continues today.